Recent Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Not A Quitter

 

I'm not willing to quit me
Give up on my healing journey
Even on my darkest days
When I'm crying in the shower
Wishing I didn't have to be strong
Wishing I could just go back to bed
And pretend my burdens don't exist
Maybe my ex quit me
And a few friends along the way
Saw I was too much
Or changed their hearts about me
But I'm not giving up
On loving myself
There might be days I fail
Where I talk toxic to myself
Or say fuck it
And have a bad attitude
For the rest of the day
But I always hit the reset button
And forgive myself
And promise myself to do better
Because that is within my power
It's also within my power to heal
Maybe not all at once
Maybe a whole lifetime
And if that's what it takes
I'm not giving up
Because I'm not a quitter