Recent Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Andrew's Disclosure of Adam and Eve- Part 7

Maximilla seeks out guidance from Andrew. Aegeates is going to crucify Andrew.  Andrew tells Maximilla, "I rightly see in you Eve repenting and in me Adam converting.  For what she suffered through ignorance, you- whose soul I seek- must now redress through conversion.  The very thing suffered by the mind which was brought down with her and was estranged from itself, I make right with you, through your recognition that you are being raised up.  You healed her deficiency by not experiencing the same passions, and I have perfected Adam's imperfection by fleeing to God for refuge.  Where Eve disobeyed, you obeyed; what Adam agreed to, I flee from; the things that tripped them up, we have recognized.  For it is ordained that each person should correct his or her own fall."

Reference~ The Apocryphal New Testament, The Acts of Andrew