Recent Popular Posts

Friday, November 18, 2011

Andrew's Crucifixtion- Part 8

Aegeates commands that Andrew be scourged with seven whips.  Then he sent him off to be crucified.  The rumors of the righteous one's execution flew through Patros.  People were outraged. 
Stratocles walked with the apostle to the seaside location where he was to be crucified.  Andrew greets the cross, "Greetings O cross!  I know well that, though you have been weary for a long time, planted and awaiting me, now at last you can rest.  I come to you, whom I have known.  I recognize your mystery, why you were planted.  So then cross that is pure, radiant, full of light and love, receive me, I who have been weary for so long."
For four days he hung on the cross and preached to the crowd- converting many.  After the departure of the blessed apostle, Maximilla separated from her savage husband.

Reference~ The Apocryphal New Testament, The Acts of Andrew