Recent Popular Posts

Friday, May 28, 2010

Poem-My Codega

I let my fear subside and worries melt away,
My Codega walks with me guiding my way.

The shadows creep in the corners of the night,
My Codega shines his lantern and it becomes a guiding light.

The unseen turns that greet me up ahead,
My Codega assures me I'm not alone-we are good friends.

The sky greets me with loud cursing and rage,
My Codega speaks softly keeping me secure and safe.

The mountain that seems impossible to climb,
My Codega takes the path that isn't easy to find.

The ascending trail that does havoc on my feet,
My Codega soothes them-his strength runs deep.

The howl of a wild animal carried on the wind frightens me,
My Codega carries his own tune and begins to sing.

My blistered hands and parched throat makes it hard to bare,
My Codega is there to wipe my tears.

When I arrive at my final destination,
My Codega is there to join with me in celebration.

~My Codega (Italian) means someone who walks in front of you with a lantern, showing you the way, bringing you protection and confidence.