Recent Popular Posts

Friday, May 21, 2010

My Animal Spirit Guide

From Journal Entry: Oct. 8, 1997
I was 22 when I met my animal spirit guide. I was in a dark place in my life and desperately wanted change. I started listening to coast to coast am with Art Bell. (It's about paranormal activity, conspiracy theories, etc). It's not hard to start experiencing things out of the realm of normal reality when you listened to his show. I had Art Bell's show turned on which probably triggered my altered state of reality. That's when I saw the shadow of a wolf on my wall. It paced back and forth a few times and was gone. It startled me and I was frightened. But there was a "knowing" that it was my animal guide and the spirit had chosen me.


There are four types of Animal Guides:

Messenger Guide- The message can be spiritual in nature or warning and it quickly leaves one when the message is understood.

Shadow Animal Guide- It is one that invades you with fear. Its purpose is to teach a lesson you have not learned from repeated mistakes. It can help you overcome fear by bringing truth. It usually appears during a time of testing.

Journey Animal Guide- It appears at the fork in the road of your life. It can be a friendly traveling companion if the path is right. It remains by your side until current life cycle has changed. The path may take months or years to complete.

Life Animal Guide- It remains with you throughout your life. You may have more than one Life Guide. The animal spirit chooses you.


Each animal has its own wisdom and skill. The wolf spirit teaches us to have balance between personal needs and those of the family and community. Wolves are loyal to the pack. They communicate by body language and vocally. The wolf teaches us to know who we are and develop strength and confidence, respect our emotions, and face the darkness within.


Resources~ www.manataka.org