Recent Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

All A Girl Wants

 


Some days my spirit is heavy.
I'll be thinking about all my failures and burdens, and sadness suddenly hits me.
I'm a good woman.
I've tried to make good decisions and live a life of integrity.
I've had to learn the hard way that people will take advantage of your goodness.
It saddens me now that I'm middle-aged and trust people less, question their motives, and feel I have to keep my guard up.
But if someone really wants to be a part of my life they'll understand.
They'll stick around because they'll see my heart and my worth.
They won't be turned off by my rough edges.
They'll see the softness behind my eyes and they'll know that I'm the kind of woman that will always have your back if you treat me right.
That's all a girl wants.. is to be treated right.