Recent Popular Posts

Thursday, January 23, 2020

The 31st Floor

here i stand
looking out the window
on the 31st floor
from my temporary room
into a world
that’s made me feel
unwanted all of my life
but as i steady my gaze
at the sunrise
on the city that never sleeps
this man
i met six months ago
wraps his arms
around me from behind
in a tight, reassuring embrace
that i am wanted
he is a species
unknown to me:
kind, generous, genuinely loving
as we hold on
to each other
our thoughts intertwine and i feel the magic
we both long
for this moment
to never end
we both want each other
in a way
no one ever has
in this perfect moment
i become aware
that this man
is going to change my life
and so i breathe him in
and let the colors
of the new sun
paint my mood
two lovers
wanting nothing more
then the infinite wonder
of what this moment
has to offer