Recent Popular Posts

Monday, September 2, 2019

A Letter to My Lover: Will You Join Me?

dear lover,

i am complicated. i am divinity and darkness. i am nothing and everything all at once. i explore boundaries and go beyond them. i am tamed and pretty when i need to be, but wild and unleashed in my spirit. you will want to know me, but i am unknowable. i love to dance in the rain and make love naked under the stars. what you see in me is only a reflection of the love within yourself. my ache to be known stretches beyond my imagination when imagining all the ways you will come to know me. i have wounds, deep wounds, that have carved out the woman i am today. please know if i give myself to you, i am yours, not just for a fleeing moment, but for as long as you'll keep me. the closer you move towards me, the farther away i will want to move from you. but don't let me. i will want to run, but i will be brave if i know you're holding on to me. i need space to grow and expand my soul, this is how you win my heart, by allowing me to explore myself. i need to know you love me unconditionally, and i will test you. can you handle that? i won't hide that deep down i'm a hot mess, but i'm a beautiful mess of imperfections, ingenious, and chaos. do you still want me? if you say yes, then i am screwed, because that means i am falling in love with you. and even though this scares me, i will take the risk and make myself even more vulnerable to you. so what do you say, will you join me?