Recent Popular Posts

Monday, May 28, 2012

My Letter To The Troops- No. 1

When my church asked if anyone wanted to write letters to the troops, I felt God calling me out to write letters of encouragement and support to the men and women who bravely serve and protect our freedom.  This is the first of what I hope many more letters to come.

From Journal entry 5/13/12

Dear Sir or Madam,                                              

I wasn't sure how to open this letter since I have not met you face to face.  I thought then I should introduce myself, but then I feel as if we're not strangers.  We are all human beings with the same longings in our heart.  And what is it our heart longs for, but truth and purpose to etch its way from our soul into our lives that long to express our inner world.
When you are thousands of miles away from your family the grief and heartache must be more than a man can bare.  There is great beauty in grief when it's accompanied by love.  The essence of a man's soul expands to the likeness of his love when given freely.  No man can avoid this grief or escape it.  Grief will darken your days and rob your nights.  What is a man to do when his grief leaves him naked?  Embrace grief for only love survives death.
Don't diminish your world because of your grief.  There is a harvest to be reaped in your grief, and it will feed those who travel the same road in the barren desert that all pilgrims of longings and truth must travel through.

God bless,

Madison Michelle