Recent Popular Posts

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dream of Glass House

From Journal Entry 4/28/2009

There's a beautiful glass house on a mountain.  My husband and I are hiking up the mountain.  From the distance we see storm clouds.  We know we should go back down and not continue up.  It's too late though.  We have to go up.  We both don't know how safe the house will be.  My husband says its built on a sand foundation.  The storm hits and we're in the house. I think to myself that it is still standing and am amazed that it is.  There isn't even a crack in the glass.  

I had prayed many prayers to God to give me a sign that my home and marriage was going to be okay. I did feel God's presence going through my storm.  After the dream, I felt God's peace. I now know that peace is mine to have through the rest of my days on earth.  I would have to lay down a new foundation based on spiritual truths. With God as center in my life, it would be possible.

Climbing the mountain means seeking a better way of life. Clouds moving towards you is a symbol of your prayers coming into your life.  Glass lets you see what is beyond.

"Everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them [says Jesus] will be like a sensible man, who built his house on the rock.  And the rain came and the rivers rose and the winds blew and fell upon the house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.  And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a fool, who built his house on the sand.  And the rain came and the rivers rose and the winds blew and fell upon the house; and it fell.  And great was its fall."  Matthew 7:24-27