From Journal
Entry 8/2/2026
This week
marked an anniversary I hadn't consciously been thinking about until after I
woke from a dream. Sixteen years ago, around this same time, I saw my twin
flame for one of the last times before our paths separated. We haven't seen
each other since 2010. Life has unfolded. His children have grown. My children
have grown. The seasons have continued to change, and yet sometimes the soul
remembers dates the mind forgets.
In my dream,
I was with his son, who is now an adult in real life. He had what looked like a
roadster, although it wasn't really a roadster. It had no roof and appeared to
be built from three different sections of cars that had somehow been pieced
together into one vehicle.
I wanted to
go for a ride in it. Then my twin flame came outside. I remember asking him how
he had built it. I was curious about which parts from different cars he had
used to create this unusual vehicle. He answered me, but when I woke up, I
couldn't remember what he had said.
As I
reflected on the dream, I realized it wasn't really about a car. Cars often
symbolize our life journey. This one wasn't brand new or factory-made. It had
been carefully assembled from many different pieces, just as our lives are
assembled from love, loss, healing, joy, disappointment, hope, and unexpected
detours.
After sixteen
years, neither of us is the person we once were. We have both been shaped by
countless experiences. We've both been "pieced together" by life. What
struck me most was that I wasn't asking him why we never spoke or whether we
would ever meet again. Instead, I wanted to understand how his journey had
shaped him. How had life put him back together?
Perhaps, on a
deeper level, I was asking the same question of myself. His son being grown
reminded me that time has continued moving forward. The dream acknowledged the
years that have passed without dwelling in sadness. There was no feeling of
regret. Instead, there was quiet curiosity and peace.
One detail
also stayed with me: I couldn't remember his answer. Maybe that was the point. There
are some answers we simply aren't meant to know. We cannot fully understand
another person's path when we have not walked beside them. Some chapters remain
unwritten in our own story because they belong to someone else's.
Whether you
believe dreams are psychological, spiritual, or somewhere in between, I do
believe anniversaries awaken memories held deep within us. The heart remembers
what the calendar quietly carries. Sometimes a dream isn't about being called
back into someone's life. Sometimes it's an invitation to honor the journey
you've both traveled.
For me, this
dream wasn't about longing for the past. It was about recognizing that life has
a remarkable way of taking broken pieces, unexpected turns, and years of
growth, and weaving them into something that still moves forward. Perhaps
that's what healing looks like. Not returning to who we once were, but allowing
every experience to become part of who we are becoming.
— Madison
Meadows
