Recent Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A Lifetime of Healing from Narcissistic Abuse

i just want to say
how hard it is to move on
from narcissistic abuse
you won’t understand
unless you’ve been
in my shoes
the wounds
don’t leave
just because he did
the mind games
the manipulation
the endless fear and anxiety
that he put you through
destroys a piece of you
and as desperate as you would like
to feel completely whole and healed
the truth is healing is an everyday
commitment to oneself
because let’s be honest
women like myself
will need a lifetime to undo
the damage
and that’s okay
so don’t judge me
for the armor i wear
and the wall built
around my heart
i’m in recovery
and at the same time
awakening to this newfound love
i have for myself
sharing my story
is ultimately what will set me free