Recent Popular Posts

Monday, July 2, 2018

A Letter to Anyone Who's Lost Me

  

   I apologize that you didn't see my self-worth, my hidden jewel. I tried my best to tell you that my body is a temple. I even had my spiritual state tattooed on my body. I tried to get you to see the ethereal skies behind my eyes. I tried to teach you there is no such thing as death. I tried to demonstrate how devotion to God is the most important thing. I tried to illustrate how beautiful suffering can be through my writing and how it's transformed me.

   But you were too busy. Yes, you were too busy to see that what God has revealed to my spirit is behind my eyes, buried in my heart. You never saw the glow of my spirit because you were too busy with gossip, work, or diluting yourself in another temporary escape.

  So, I apologize for not wanting to drink alcohol or smoke a joint with you in order for you to feel more comfortable in your own skin. I know I made you uncomfortable. But you should ask yourself why. Why did you prefer small talk when I had so much wisdom to offer you?

   And you will miss me- my honesty, my light. For I shoulder integrity and a love that bears all grievances. I am the kind of woman that is loyal and kind until the end of days. And when the end of your days does come you will think of me and what I stood for will become clear to you. And you will ask yourself, how will my life be remembered?

   The deeper you live, the more you will suffer. But it is through suffering that we birth compassion and a willingness to bear each other's grievances.


All of my affection,

Madison Michelle