Recent Popular Posts

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sapphire's Letter To Layla: Lend Me Your Ear

Dearest Layla-

You do not guard your thoughts well, for I know the ill thoughts you harbor towards me. What grounds is your vile opinion of me based upon? This only saddens me. I do understand your pain. Not only do I understand your pain, I feel it! 

For generosity's sake lend me your ear, so the hearts of our loved ones may heal. Oh, how I wish we could truly communicate with one another so we could dissolve both of our fears. We would feel better (all involved). A united party is a mercy from God!

Open your eyes! This is bigger than you and I. Don't you see? Don't let your jealousy blind you. You have a voice, so use it! Write down your feelings and give them form. Do you not see your worth? Do you not clearly see your role in your own life? And in mine? 

Silently I remain in the shadows and I smile in the face of adversity. Do not trust the smile I hide behind. My soul's distress remains hidden from a world deprived of salvation. Will you be my salvation? My water? Or will my tale remain in this world cloaked in mystery? 

Sincerely,

Sapphire