Recent Popular Posts

Monday, October 7, 2013

Sapphire's Letter to Arion: Arion's Weaknesses

Beloved,

When have you ever displayed your vulnerability towards me?  Such a gesture would sway my heart and put an end to my self destructive habits.  One-third of your self you have revealed to me.  The rest of you lies in your weaknesses you keep hidden.

You remain impassive even as I endure the insults of others.  Many voyages I would take to you to fulfill your need.  Yet my need remains ignored.  Are you the same one who was cooked in union, and now stands outside the door waiting to come in? 

To hell with your reputation and what others think of you!  We are indifferent with each other. I am always willing to submit to your every command.  I have opened the door to your cage and you behave like a prudent bird unwilling to abandon it. 

Your insensitivity towards me only makes me wish I could vanish from this world.  Then there would be no trace of me and it would leave you to wonder whether I was killed by my enemy.  I would then not be entangled in the affairs of this world or of the heart.  I would be the bird set free!

Your Darling