Recent Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rumi- My Favorite Lines

~ I have remained in the prison of the world out of kindness where am I from, and the prison, where is it from?  Who have I stolen?

~ Know that there is but a single person in the world, that that person is with you, that it exists for you, works for you, and desires you.

~ All that is in the universe is not outside you, Look within for everything you want for it is you.

~ Desire the one who holds you in his desire.  Seek the one who holds you in his quest.

~ From the moment you went away I was separated from your gentle honey like wax.

~ Every evening I burn like a candle.  Joined to his flame, deprived of his affection.

~ I am like a lyre, my head bent in submission.  You, with either hand, strike and caress me.

~ Seeing how many miles you have to go, I set up a little stall on your route.  I serve a nice cup of tea, and I am never too busy to chat.

~ There is not a flood in all the worlds that can douse a sacred flame in me, that builds, that rises even higher, each time I slay another fear.

~ In love, ask for madness give up reasoning, give up life.  Look for dangerous adventures in deserts filled with blood and fire!

~ My heart twisted with passion in the fire of your words.  Now I see what I saw as fire was only ice.  What I saw as water, only a mirage and our story, an old forgotten dream.

~Rumi