Recent Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dream- Exotic Dancer

From Journal Entry 1/31/2012

I am pulled on stage by one of the girls.  I don't want to go.  She chases me around the club.  I stomp on her with my heels.  I tell the crowd that I am no longer that girl.  Whom I really am no one has cared to even get to know.  I proclaim my subject is spirit.  A woman approaches me and says I am an amulet.  The crowd has thinned out.  Only a few that know me still remain.  I throw my heels.

I was an exotic dancer for five years at the age of 18.  I had low self-esteem, no self-love, and deeply resented men.  My Christian upbringing brought me shame and guilt.
My life began to change when a friend gave me a book to read, Conversations with God Book 1.  That led to an interest in a spiritual life.  Then one day, a man came into the club and said something profound to me.  He said, "If you change your direction, like a ship on the ocean by one degree, you'll end up on a whole new island."  I pondered those words and slowly began to change my outlook on life.  God began working in my heart and I began to heal.  When I left that world, I promised God I would never turn back.

Dream Symbols:
Amulet- something worn on the body because of it's power to protect against evil.

1 John 2:16-17  All that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and lust of the eyes, and the vainglory of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:  but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.