Recent Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Letter To God

From Journal Entry 4/3/2010

Dear God,

Me and you have come a long ways since we began this journey some 13+ years ago.  I'll never forget that night spent sobbing on the bathroom floor asking for your help.  Help you did!  You answered my plea and have been by my side ever since that first meeting took place.  I am so grateful for your gentle wisdom and encouragement you've given me over the years.  Some things I still struggle with, but knowing you're there to see me through it, makes the journey easier.  Now I'm almost 35 years old.  I'm learning more and more about myself everyday.  I still need you just as much as the fateful day.  
Today I am faced with a huge burden that's been going on for a year.  I only pray God that an answer comes soon and by your mercy our family has even more time and memories to make right here.  We've grown fond of this old house.  It's now filled with laughter and pitter patters of tiny footsteps.  The birds and bees have made a home for themselves here.  Oh how I appreciate their presence. 
So what I am asking for is more time in our home.  I feel blessed to have such a loving family, a job I like, and friends who care about me.  Thank you for listening.

Love, 

Me

During this time in my life my husband and I were going through a loan modification. I stayed strong in my faith but needed an end to it all. My prayer was answered three months after I wrote this letter.