Recent Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

The Life of Kalei- A Shit Show

 


  Her name was Kalei. I met her in my early 20’s. She gave me a home when I left my abusive boyfriend. She was the medicine my soul needed at that time. There were three of us girls sharing an apartment. Our nightly ritual was tiny wineys and girlie flix with the occasional joint. Those were some of the funnest, best days of my life. 

   Through Kalei, I met my ex-husband (with whom I have two amazing, talented kids with) and my twin flame I met though my ex! I am so thankful to have known such a unique, charismatic, and beautiful woman before drugs destroyed her soul. Her story is a sad one, but I don’t want her to be forgotten in this world. She is the reason for the chain reaction of events that followed my friendship with her. She is the reason my life path took the course it did that led to my spiritual awakening and finding my life’s purpose. May her soul finally have rest.


She was born into a shit show
Mom gave birth to her in prison
She was adopted by an older couple 
With more money than they rightfully deserved
Her father with hidden dark secrets
Strolling parks for young boys
Eventually he got caught
And fled the country
Leaving her alone at 16
Not old enough to legally drink yet
But old enough to get into trouble
Her first lover hung himself
Friends and family blamed her
And drove her out of town
She headed west
To Arizona to start over
Met a tennis player from ASU
But that didn't last
She was use to a certain lifestyle
So her emptiness
Drove her to the stripper stage
Where men were her play things
She learned how to manipulate and control them
She achieved the success she was looking for
But always feeling not pretty enough
Not thin enough
Meth was the answer to all her problems
Use it, lose weight
Look great

It did the trick
Until she became addicted to heroin
And homeless
Performing sex acts for a high
In back alleys and run down motels
She went from a beauty queen
To a used up junkie
Dead at 48
Body found behind an abandoned building
In Reno, Nevada
I loved her
My heart sad when I heard the news
So much potential
So many demons
That in the end

Death gave her the only escape