Recent Popular Posts

Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Mulla

In our dissatisfaction of our life, we are like the seeker who packed his belongings in a knapsack and set off in search of happiness. On the way he met the Mulla and told him of his discontent. Suddenly, the Mulla grabbed the man's knapsack and ran off with it. "Stop!" cried the man as he ran after the Mulla. "Those are my life possessions! Stop!" The Mulla stopped abruptly and handed over the bag. With a sense of relief the man exclaimed, "I feel so happy to have my things back!" The Mulla gave him an amused look and said, "Before you get angry at me, please notice that you feel happy. You had the possessions before I took them from you, but you were not grateful for them. You were not present with the joy of what you possessed until you lost it. May you learn to treasure the blessings of what you have."

Reference~ Spiritual Gems of Islam