Recent Popular Posts

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Charlie



The shadow of me is everywhere.

If you look at the sunset,

With a glass of wine in hand,

You will see me in all the colors-

Each color an expression of my mood.



If you sit in my chair,

And rest your feet-

You will feel the peace

that filled my soul -

As I rested my tired body

from a long day.



If you take a walk down the hill

where often the dogs accompanied me-

You will hear the sounds of nature

that resolved so much dis-ease,

From years of living in a busy city.



If you go into my workshop,

And see all of my projects

lying there still waiting to be finished-

Please know it is an invitation for you

to pull up a stool,

Help yourself to a beer,

And pick up a tool.

And in the spirit of doing

What I loved to do-

You will feel me in that moment

because the shadow of me is everywhere.

~In loving memory of my father-in-law, Charlie Hernandez, departed from this world on 8/18/16.