Recent Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Lover's Trials

A question was boldly asked, "How do we know you saw the Beloved's face?"
The Lover replied, "God is my witness."

A question was asked out of suspicion and doubt, "Can you describe the Beloved?"
The Lover replied, "Gazing into the eyes of my Beloved, I only saw myself."

A question was asked out of envy, "How then would you describe your encounter?"
The Lover replied, "Pure joy."

A question was asked out of concern for what the Lover now has to endure, "How do you now live in this world if your love is of another world?"
The Lover replied, "Through faith, devotion, and love that the Beloved's presence is now in me."

A question was asked out of curiosity, "What would you be willing to sacrifice for the Beloved?"
The Lover replied, "My life."