Recent Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Letter To Sebastian- No. 2




Sebastian,

I had a dream about you.  In the dream you wanted to know more about your mother.  I explained to you that her drug use started shortly after I met her.  It only escalated after you were born.

At the time when I met her, she radiated life.  She was very charismatic, very artistic, just a very colorful human being.  She was a very beautiful woman that other women envied for her beauty.  Her intelligence could out wit or trap a man. This is how I once knew her.

Then her drug addiction took over her life completely.  Her hidden traits and darker parts of her soul consumed her.  All the beauty was gone.  

Sebastian, your mother had the presence of mind to give you up because she knew you deserved a better life.  She did this because she loved you.  

There is so much about her that is a mystery to me.  Over the years I have tried my best to keep tabs on her.  I pray for her everyday. I pray she finds God and lives long enough to be reunited with you. 

Your mother often dropped you off and I would look after you. You were the whole reason that I wanted kids of my own.  Now your cousins are seven and ten years old.  They hear me talk often about you.  How I hope you get to meet them someday.

You are a precious gift to the world.  Never forget you are dearly loved.  God bless you Sebastian.

Love you with all my heart and soul,
Michelle