Recent Popular Posts

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Dream of My Grandfather

From Journal Entry December 16,1998

Had a dream about Grandpa. He was sad- full of regrets. He wasn't happy about the last 50 years. I assured him that those last 50 years brought him grand kids that deeply love him. I was very emotional.

My grandfather and I had a very close bond. He took the leading male role after my parents divorced at the age of 9. He had made great sacrifices for my brother and I. His marriage to my grandmother was difficult. She was unstable due to mental illness. This took a toll on my grandfather's spirit. My mother (his daughter) was legally blind and did not drive. My grandfather drove us around a lot. We relied on him. Out of his devotion and love for God he paved the way for all of us to have a better life. Not many men would of stayed in that situation.

I moved away from home at age 15. My visits back home were far and in between. I often dreamt about him over the years. Even after his death in 2005 he continued to visit me in my dreams.