Recent Popular Posts

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dream-Man Holding My Hand

From Journal Entry July 10, 2000

A black man took my hand as I cried. I wanted to ask one question. I didn't know what to ask. As I was crying he said I was very humble and said that was good. I than asked, "What should be on my list of things to accomplish a year from now?" He said, "Child it isn't important what you can do a year from now, but what can you do today."
This dream was literal in meaning. There were two messages I got from the dream. First spiritual attainment can only be reached through an attitude of humbleness. Empathy the man displayed is an ingredient necessary in a soul's progression. His affection towards me was comforting and reassuring. When someone else can understand and bare your pain, burdens are easier to overcome. That person becomes a source of strength.
Secondly, as the old saying goes, "Don't put off tomorrow, what you can do today." Living in the present is the only place you will find true gratification. A healthy balance can be found when you realize your dreams, and by moving towards them in your daily life. By keeping your attention on the present, opportunities that come your way won't be missed. There is a higher vibration that your more attune with by being in the moment. Creativity is alive and present only in the space of "now". And always be open to new things.