Recent Popular Posts

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Dream of Jesus: My Helper

From Journal Entry 6/14/17

I am running up a flight of stairs from a demon. At the top of the staircase is Jesus. He extends his arm as to say, 'Take courage and stand with Me.' He took a stance of power and directed me to stand next to Him. He spoke no words but he conveyed to me, 'I got this.Trust and believe in Me.' I stood with Him no longer afraid.

As my court date approaches for my divorce I have been depressed, worried, and afraid. I worry about whether or not I will be able to stay in my home, my new financial responsibilities, and my children's well being. I have been praying for help, guidance, and strength. Up until I had this dream I felt completely abandoned by God. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever. (John 14:16)

Before I fell asleep I did a meditation. It is part of my nightly routine to quiet my mind as I am lying in bed. I close my eyes and review my day. Generally I drift off to sleep during this process. Suddenly I heard a very loud knock from inside my head. It was a knock, knock, knock. My instant thought was what is my subconscious trying to tell me? Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)

The dream reminded me that I am not alone. Jesus is with me. He is my Helper. All I need to do is completely trust Him. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord Your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)