Recent Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Letter To Death- No.2

Dear Death,

Because of you Death, I am more alive.  You took me into your bosom and held me like a child.  You gave me rest, and your ardent presence beguiled all of my senses.  I lost my senses because of you!  You are a thief!  You have removed the veil of ignorance.  You stole my heart.  
Then you withdrew your breath and I woke up begging for you to come back.  Please take me with you! I beg you!
Oh Death, you are a flirtatious lover, teasing me with your seductive whispers.  How I marvel at your grace.  You greet me at the appointed hour, appointed by God.  How I rush to meet you!  
You promise release from this body.  Why do so many fear you when all you hold is beauty?  If the stars never twinkled in the night sky, or the moon cast her glow, we would vainly curse the darkness.
Death, when my hour does finally arrive, we will embrace like old friends.  We will shed tears of joy over my homecoming.  And we will laugh together at how ridiculous I overly dramatized my life.  For now Death, I will embrace my life.

Fondly Yours,

Madison Michelle