Recent Popular Posts

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Love

Love is patient, is kind.  It does not envy others or brag of itself.  It is not swollen with self.  It is not wayward or grasping.  It does not flare with anger, nor harbor a grudge.  It takes no joy in evil, but delights in truth.  It keeps all confidences, all trust, all hope, all endurance.  Love will never go out of existence.  Prophecy will fail in time, languages too, and knowledge as well.  For we know things only partially, or prophesy partially, and when the totality is known, the parts will vanish.  It is like what I spoke as a child- which, now I am grown up, I put aside.  In the same way we see things in a murky reflection now, but shall see them full face when what I have known in part I shall know fully, just as I am known.  For the present, then, three things matter- believing, hoping, and loving.  But supreme is loving.        (1Cor 13. 1-13)